[yocto] building Yocto on Fedora 14 vs. Ubuntu 11.10

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 07:59:02 PST 2012

I'm finding differences between the number of task for building
meta-cedartrail on ubuntu 11.10 vs. doing the same thing on Fedora 14
and wondered if this is a problem.

On a clean build of core-image-sato, the first section has 63 tasks on
Ubuntu 11.10, but 126 tasks on Fedora 14.  126 is the number I remember
seeing for the first section of the build on other Sato builds.

Is this an issue? is this caused by the different development O/S's?

BTW the second part of the build has 4426 tasks on Ubuntu 11.10 and also
on Fedora 14.