[yocto] meta-ti?????

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Jan 3 21:17:33 PST 2012

On 12-01-04 12:15 AM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On (23/12/11 12:59), Bruce Ashfield wrote:
>> On 11-12-23 12:52 PM, Koen Kooi wrote:
>>>
>>> Op 23 dec. 2011, om 18:45 heeft Bruce Ashfield het volgende geschreven:

>>> You do realize that by doing this without informing anyone involved with the official pandaboard BSP the net effect is negative? And by 'negative' I mean "severe annoyance" among other things.
>>
>> .. and why would you assume that precisely that hadn't been done ?
>> It has been, via management channels at multiple companies and
>> organizations and is exactly why I said "a layer you can't get"
>> and "work in progress".
>>
>> So please, no need to jump to anything resembling 'annoyance'.
>> There's plenty of that to go around, and it isn't constructive.
>
> I think it would be nice if we had a wiki document which listed
> various BSPs for a given platform that are available using the
> given layers and some words differentiating them. That can help
> end users in understanding and deciding which to use.

AFAIK there are plans in this area for the 1.2 timeframe, perhaps
via the BSP portal that TomZ was creating. Something linked from the
wiki pages that list all the available layers would be the logical
place to locate something like this as well.

Richard may have more insight as to whether or not something is planned
like this.

Cheers,

Bruce