[yocto] RPROVIDES issue

John Toomey john.toomey at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 29 08:44:20 PST 2012

On 29/02/2012 16:18, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 February 2012 15:32:34 John Toomey wrote:
>> I am getting an error when I try to include some packages such as
>> logrotate, valgrind and minicom in my configuration using "IMAGE_INSTALL
>> += ... "
>>
>>      ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES '"minicom"' (but
>>      [path]/core-image-[blah].bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
>>      NOTE: Runtime target '"minicom"' is unbuildable, removing...
>>      Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['"minicom"']
>>      ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-small' has no buildable
>>      providers.
>>      Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-[blah]',
>>      '"minicom"']
>>

>> I am able to build the packages individually without issue, for example
>> "bitbake minicom" works fine.
>>
>> Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
> I noticed something here which I saw earlier - there is somehow an extra set
> of quotes in there i.e. it's reporting '"minicom"' instead of 'minicom'.
> Having just confirmed here with the 1.1 release that when you specify something
> that doesn't exist you only get one set of single quotes in the error, I
> suspect that's the root of the problem in your case. How you would have got a
> set of double quotes in there I don't know, though. When I do IMAGE_INSTALL +=
> "something" I don't get them here.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Hi Paul

You got me on the right track to fix it - apparently having a comment on
the same line as the IMAGE_INSTALL += "..." causes it to break. I had
all of the packates on seperate lines so I could easily comment in or
out the ones I need and I had comments after a few of them so i could
keep track of which ones were working and broken...

Thanks for your help!
John