[yocto] RPROVIDES issue

John Toomey john.toomey at linux.intel.com
Wed Feb 29 07:32:34 PST 2012

Hello all,

I am getting an error when I try to include some packages such as
logrotate, valgrind and minicom in my configuration using "IMAGE_INSTALL
+= ... "

    ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES '"minicom"' (but
    [path]/core-image-[blah].bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
    NOTE: Runtime target '"minicom"' is unbuildable, removing...
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['"minicom"']
    ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-small' has no buildable
    providers.
    Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-[blah]',
    '"minicom"']

I am able to build the packages individually without issue, for example
"bitbake minicom" works fine.

Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Thanks
John