[yocto] DEPEND creep breaking poky-tiny

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 24 21:55:11 PST 2012

I'm working through some issues with a poky-tiny build of
core-image-minimal failing. The first error is attributable to"

commit f3677d679e5c74f9877f36cdb170bbfea9b7b9bb
glib-2.0: Add missing DEPENDS on dbus

dbus eventually pulls in shadow, which fails configure with the minimal
libc configuration in poky-tiny. Removing this dependency allows us to
make progress. (I understand a proper fix is needed, as the dependency
was added for a reason).

Next up is popt failing due to missing native language or widechar
support. pkgconfig is what brings in popt, and also what brought in glib
above. Nothing in popt suggests it changed recently, which leads me to
believe that the pkgconfig bit is new as I'm pretty sure I didn't need
glib in poky-tiny originally at all.

Has pkgconfig been added recently? Seems silly to ask, but that is where
things are pointing...

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center