[yocto] USB touchscreen integration

Autif Khan autif.mlist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:04:14 PST 2012

I have a touchscreen made by AUO. It came with a driver which I have
written a recipe for and it seems to be compiling and when the
touchscreen is detected, the driver seems to be loading and
controlling the touchscreen. (Its not under the control of hid_core
driver).

It shows up in /proc/bus/input/devices

I: Bus=0003 Vendor=03eb Product=201c Version=1503
N: Name="pixcir_hid_mt_v2.0"
P: Phys=
S: Sysfs=/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:17.0/0000:01:00.0/0000:02:02.0/usb3/3-1/3-1:1.0/input/input4
U: Uniq=
H: Handlers=mouse0
B: PROP=0
B: EV=b
B: KEY=400 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
B: ABS=650000 3

It shows up as /dev/input/mouse0

While this is great, I am not sure how to wire this up with X so that
the mouse is actually functional on the screen.

A quick search at yocto wiki resulted in nothing, and google's search
in site:yoctoproject.org also resulted in somewhat irrelevant results.

I am using poky master on machine crownbay. X is running very well on
an LVDS monitor. Keyboard and mouse run fine when externally
connected. This query is limited to wiring a USB touchscreen with
yocto.

I am not sure what the next steps are. Please help!

Thanks

Autif