[yocto] how do I find the filename of the kernel

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Fri Feb 24 01:44:29 PST 2012

Hello all,

On Fri, 2012-02-24 at 14:56 +0530, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
>         I find in kernel.bbclass that the kernel file name is
> constructed from "${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-${KERNEL_VERSION}". And the
> KERNEL_VERSION is filled from the 'get_kernelversion' method in
> linux-kernel-base.bbclass, which needs the location of kernel's build
> directory (${B}). Obviously, this build directory location will not be
> available in other recipes.

Aww. Missed this. In kernel_do_install method of kernel.bbclass I found
that KERNEL_VERSION is echoed into a file
(${D}/kernel/kernel-abiversion). And this file is added to
sysroot_stage_dir. I guess, that I have to read that file in order to
get construct the kernel filename. Am I right?

Regards
Joshua
--
Joshua Immanuel