[yocto] pseudo interaction issue

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Feb 17 09:35:52 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'm trying to extend buildhistory to write out the metadata revisions just
before it does the commit to the buildhistory repository, and I'm having some
pseudo-related trouble. The structure is a little unusual, in that the
execution flow is an event handler that calls a shell function (via
bb.build.exec_func()) and during parsing this function an ${@...} reference to
a python function is evaluated, which then calls os.popen(), at which point I
get the error "pseudo: You must set the PSEUDO_PREFIX environment variable to
run pseudo."

I don't need pseudo at this stage. I've tried setting PSEUDO_DISABLED=1 and
even PSEUDO_UNLOAD=1 just prior to the os.popen() call (or within it) and
despite evidence that pseudo is taking notice of these being set in other
contexts (when the function is called from elsewhere) even when doing this I
still get the error above. I could rearrange the structure to avoid this
execution flow however that would bar me from reusing existing code that we
have for getting the metadata revision.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Paul