[yocto] unable to add a new file to base-files recipe via bbappend

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Fri Feb 17 06:40:48 PST 2012

Hello all,
	I added a base-files_3.0.14.bbappend file in my custom layer and
pointed the SRC_URI as follows

        SRC_URI += "file://xorg.conf"

The xorg.conf file is at "base-files/files/xorg.conf" on my custom
layer. But, the bitbake fails to find the file.

> | ERROR: Function 'Fetcher failure for URL: 'file://xorg.conf'.
> Unable to fetch URL file://xorg.conf from any source.' failed

I guess, the method that I am following here to add a new source file
via the bbappend is wrong.

Please guide me.

Regards
Joshua