[yocto] trouble using a local kernel repo

Hollis Blanchard hollis_blanchard at mentor.com
Thu Feb 16 14:50:36 PST 2012

On 02/16/2012 02:11 PM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
> On 12-02-16 03:16 PM, Hollis Blanchard wrote:
>> I'm trying to figure out how to use a cloned/modified copy of the
>> linux-yocto-3.0 git repository. Here's what I did:
>>
>> * cloned linux-yocto-3.0.git and committed to the meta branch
>> * specified my new repo:
>
> Very strange. Is this from the yocto master branch ?

I ran this:

    git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.0
    git checkout -t origin/meta -b meta
    vim
    git commit

[snip]
> That being said. If you go into your src tree. Do you see the meta and
> board branch ? Are they local branches ? Is your SRC_URI pointing at a
> bare clone, and not a non-bare one ?

As you can tell from my clone command above, it is a non-bare clone
(though I have no idea what that actually means). I have lots of
branches, but aside from master only my new "meta" branch is local:

-bash-3.2$ git branch -a
   master
* meta
   origin/HEAD
   origin/master
   origin/meta
   origin/yocto/base
   origin/yocto/eg20t
   origin/yocto/emgd
   origin/yocto/emgd-1.10
   origin/yocto/gma500
   origin/yocto/standard/arm-versatile-926ejs
   origin/yocto/standard/base
   origin/yocto/standard/beagleboard
   [...]

Hollis Blanchard
Mentor Graphics, Embedded Systems Division