[yocto] RDEPENDS fails to find an existing package

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Wed Feb 15 20:56:04 PST 2012

Hello Autif,

On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 18:23 -0500, Autif Khan wrote:
> > Adding FILES_${PN} = "${libdir}/lib*.so" made bitbake to create an
> > non-empty libharu package thereby fixing the problem.
>
> Heads up - if you are using 1.2 M2 - you may have to add the following
> line in your recipe:
>
> INSANE_SKIP_{PN} = "dev-so"

Can you please explain little bit more on what INSANE_SKIP_${PN} =
"dev-so" does. I don't find any documentation on it. The only piece of
information available by greping the code spoke something about skipping
QA tests (in insane.bbclass).

> for package in packages.split():
>     skip = (bb.data.getVar('INSANE_SKIP_' + package, d, True) or "").split()
>     if skip:
>         bb.note("Package %s skipping QA tests: %s" % (package, str(skip)))

It would be really helpful if you would enlighten me on this.

Regards
Joshua
--
Joshua Immanuel