[yocto] missing USB gadget support on beagleboard?

McClintock Matthew-B29882 B29882 at freescale.com
Wed Feb 15 15:23:25 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Hollis Blanchard
<hollis_blanchard at mentor.com> wrote:
> Right, it looks like CONFIG_USB_ETH is disabled in
> linux-beagleboard-standard-build/.config , and I think that's the key
> missing option. I'm so lost in Yocto's kernel configuration "architecture"
> that I have no idea if that's being explicitly disabled, or just omitted
> from the base config, or what.
>
> It seems to me that option should be enabled if DISTRO_FEATURES contains
> usbgadget. More simply, it seems like a good idea to enable CONFIG_USB_ETH
> in the beagleboard default configuration, since many beagleboards don't have
> any other network interface.
>
> Is there an owner of Yocto's beagleboard BSP stuff?

As a stop gap, you can run menuconfig:

bitbake -c menuconfig virtual/kernel
bitbake -c compile virtual/kernel -f

And add the kernel modules you need. The final ideal solution would be
to include a kernel config fragment for this kernel config option by
default for this and possibly other machines.

-M