[yocto] Upstream-Status finally @ 100%

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:23:27 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:07 AM, Björn Stenberg <bjst at enea.com> wrote:
> Who sets the Upstream-Status? Are there guidelines how to do it?

patch author importer whoever brings this patch in into oe. Sometimes
there might be judgement error on patches
thats why I said "for most of them it reflects the status of patch
w.r.t. upstream"

> I spoke to the author of curl and mentioned the two patches in Yocto against it, both of which are marked as "Upstream-Status: Inappropriate". He said those patches were never submitted to him.
>
> Are we dismissing patches without even giving upstream a chance to comment?

Thats not the intention at all. All patches should go upstream from
OE's POV it would be cool to have 0 patches locally
If someone had better insights into patches and submit more
appropriate analysis of patches thats welcome
all the time.