[yocto] RFC: Hob 1.2 design

Joshua Lock josh at linux.intel.com
Mon Feb 6 13:32:35 PST 2012

On 31/01/12 17:39, Wang, Shane wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Belen has a new video for Hob2 workflow and design.
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/File:Hob1.2-screencast2.mov

It just came to my attention through another channel that the
description column of the packages table is no longer present.

There had been some discussion about how to show relevant description
information in that column, so I'm surprised to see it go.

Belen, I assume from a design perspective this field was removed as it
didn't show anything particularly useful? If we have useful data to
include in that field is there a more appropriate way to integrate it
into the UI? Perhaps a tooltip? Or an information overlay as has been
used in other areas of the design?

I'm concerned that if we give the user a list of packages without any
more information we aren't making it easy for them to build an OS image
without already understanding exactly all of the components they need -
thoughts?

Cheers,
Joshua
--