[yocto] HOW DO I - new one added for EMGD and Crownbay

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Sun Feb 5 12:19:24 PST 2012

On 02/05/2012 11:44 AM, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Feb 5, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
>
>> On 02/04/2012 07:21 AM, jfabernathy wrote:
>>> I just added and EMGD example to the How Do I in the wiki.
>>
>> Jim, really appreciate your work here. For those of us not following
>> quite as closely, please provide links to the pages you update so we
>> don't have to go hunting for them.
>>
> It's the How Do I link on the wiki page:
>
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/How_do_I

I see. This Question heading seems a bit inconsistent with what you are
actually doing. Step 1 of getting EMGD on Crownbay is adding alsa to
MACHINE_FEATURES for a BSP called meta-mymachine?

This appears to be just trying to get commercial codecs working with
accelerated graphics.

The reason I raise this, is that while it's good to have these sorts of
"Tactical" guides, if we aren't careful they can dilute the
documentation space and end up confusing users more than they help. The
README for crownbay covers what is necessary to enable EMGD accelerated
graphics. Please consider renaming the title to someting more consistent
with what you're trying accomplish.

--
Darren