[yocto] forcing a task to run while building an image

Sathishkumar Duraisamy bewithsathish at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 00:51:23 PST 2012

The following is the scenario, you are in. If I wrong, please correct me.
" You have your development program/application in some place. You
want to build and include it in your rootfs. And you don't want to
edit the recipe/other things for each build of rootfs."

The scenario is very common. What we actually do is, for development
we usually test by downloading the specific application binary to rfs
by compiling with the sdk (created from oe). And usually our
application will be in some version control say hg or git. Once the
apps is ready, modify the recipe to include the particular version of
apps.

--
Regards,
Sathishkumar D