[yocto] RFC: Hob 1.2 design

Jack Mitchell ml at communistcode.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 02:12:47 PST 2012

On 01/02/12 17:28, Scott Garman wrote:
> On 01/31/2012 05:39 PM, Wang, Shane wrote:
>> Hi, all,
>>
>> Belen has a new video for Hob2 workflow and design.
>>
>> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/File:Hob1.2-screencast2.mov
>>
>> Please comment.
>
> I'm pretty amazed with this. The workflow seems clear and each screen
> provides just the right bits of information the user would be
> interested in seeing. Outstanding!
>
> Scott

I concur, it looks fantastic - well done!

It covers a lot more bases than I thought it would. Even if you still
like to do the build via CLI it gives a fantastic overview of the system
you're building as a whole, and even better, a dependency tree for why
certain packages are being included in the build.