[yocto] Gaku music player

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 16:57:41 PST 2012

On 02/01/2012 07:02 PM, Tom Zanussi wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 17:39 -0500, jfabernathy wrote:

>>> Yeah, that's right.
>>>
>>> Tom
>> I'm interested in this subject also.  If I use hob to look at a nice
>> display of packages, I see that their are a lot of gst-fluendo-*
>> pckages with MPLv1.1 Licenses. However, I don't see gst-fluendo-mp3
>> specifically.
>>       1. Is that package not a part of Yocto and a recipe has to be
>>          written to get it from somewhere?
> It is a part of yocto, it probably doesn't show up in HOB because of the
> restricted license (nothing has changed there, I guess that also would
> have been the case before with COMMERCIAL_LICENSE).
>
> Basically, the documentation hasn't caught up with the change yet
> (actually it (COMMERCIAL_LICENSE) was never documented, we need to
> change that in any case).
>
> The current 'documentation' for this, which I'll work with Scott on
> adapting to the actual documentation, is in the text of this poky
> commit:
>
> b68ea543603c35f4e3519d358e0d1e1e24bd5851
>
> and the set of packages that were changed from COMMERCIAL_LICENSE to
> LICENSE_FLAGS is here:
>
> 7b81ef8d95d82c55e3650981d3010000cd493832
>
> Tom
Okay, I found gst-fluendo-mp3 in the meta-recipes-multimedia. So is
including it the same as other packages you want in the image, putting
the following statements in the local.conf:

LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST += "commercial"
POKY_EXTRA_INSTALL += "gst-fluendo-mp3"

I would think that specifying the media player in the image would bring in the dependent CODECs if the licenses were right, but what do I know.

Jim A