[yocto] Gaku music player

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 14:39:44 PST 2012

On 02/01/2012 04:47 PM, Tom Zanussi wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 13:44 -0800, Darren Hart wrote:
>> On 02/01/2012 01:36 PM, Saxena, Rahul wrote:
>>> Hi Darren,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the clarification.
>>>
>>> I am building on Edison.  I found that ogg music files play
>>> OK on my gaku player.  I think that should be good enough, but just for my information purposes
>>> can you help me understand how does one accept the commercial iirc license ?
>> This has changed relatively recently, and I'm not finding the details in
>> the current docs. For example, the gst-fluendo-mp3 recipe includes:
>>
>> LICENSE_FLAGS = "commercial"
>>
>> Taking a look at the git logs with "LICENSE_FLAGS" in them, in order to
>> allow for building of such recipes, you must include "commercial" in the
>> LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST variable. I would attempt this with something
>> like the following in my local.conf:
>>
>> LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST += "commercial"
>>
>> Tom, can you confirm I've got this right?
>>
> Yeah, that's right.
>
> Tom
I'm interested in this subject also.  If I use hob to look at a nice
display of packages, I see that their are a lot of gst-fluendo-* pckages
with MPLv1.1 Licenses. However, I don't see gst-fluendo-mp3 specifically.

 1. Is that package not a part of Yocto and a recipe has to be written
    to get it from somewhere?
 2. I know I can get the fluendo MP3 for Ubuntu with a click-through
    license for personal use.