[yocto] How to include RPM database into target image?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 31 14:05:50 PST 2012

Hi Alex,

On Saturday 29 December 2012 19:05:05 Alex J Lennon wrote:
> I'm building a distro based on Yocto for a Raspberry Pi but I don't seem
> to have the RPM database / sample feeds installed on the target image.
>
> Having hunted around and googled I can't spot the environment variable or
> recipe I presumably need to set/include.

You only need to ensure that "package-management" is present in
IMAGE_FEATURES. You can do this from local.conf by adding the following to it:

EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += "package-management"

This will ensure the package manager's database (RPM if you've selected RPM
packaging) is preserved, but won't set up any sample feeds. The latter would
need to be done manually or via ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton