[yocto] a wiki page on packagegroups -- now correct, I think :-)

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Dec 31 04:00:08 PST 2012

  total redesign of a page i lashed together in about 45 minutes to
explain packagegroups since i feel it got short shrift in the yocto
dev manual:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/OE_package_groups

  note: my wiki pages are typically terse and consist mostly of
ripping code out of OE or elsewhere since i find this handy for
explaining concepts to students -- i actually bring up a wiki page and
start scrolling through it, explaining the code bit by bit, but i
don't add a lot of editorializing since *that's* what takes forever to
write.  but it's real easy to just copy and paste and build an
informative wiki page in minutes that i can spend an hour explaining.
:-)

  and one question while i'm here -- i notice the definition of a
number of package groups in core-image.bbclass:

... snip ...
PACKAGE_GROUP_x11 = "packagegroup-core-x11"
PACKAGE_GROUP_x11-base = "packagegroup-core-x11-base"
PACKAGE_GROUP_x11-sato = "packagegroup-core-x11-sato"
PACKAGE_GROUP_tools-debug = "packagegroup-core-tools-debug"
... snip ...

is that simply an equivalent way to include a package group into your
(core-image-based) build?  to use IMAGE_FEATURES?  as opposed to
simply referring to the packagegroup recipe file directly?  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca