[yocto] enable netbase network interfaces?

Lai Eddy eddy.lai.tw at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 22:40:57 PST 2012

Thanks Gary,

after download and extract the ti cortex A8 BSP . there's only binary image
inside, what MACHINE to use to build a beagleboard yocto image?
 On 2012-12-25 16:31, Lai Eddy wrote:

> in the "Reference Manual "How do I make sure connected network interfaces
> are brought up by default?" said 2 files need to be added to enable network
> interfaces, where can I find
> template files?
> ------------------------------**-----------------
> The default interfaces file provided by the netbase recipe does not
> automatically bring up network interfaces. Therefore, you will need to add
> a BSP-specific netbase that includes
> an interfaces file.
> For example, add the following files to your layer:
>       meta-MACHINE/recipes-bsp/**netbase/netbase/MACHINE/**interfaces
>       meta-MACHINE/recipes-bsp/**netbase/netbase_5.0.bbappend

Look in meta-ti
(git://git.yoctoproject.org/**meta-ti<http://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-ti>
):
$ find meta-ti/recipes-core/netbase/
meta-ti/recipes-core/netbase/
meta-ti/recipes-core/netbase/**netbase-5.0
meta-ti/recipes-core/netbase/**netbase-5.0/beagleboard
meta-ti/recipes-core/netbase/**netbase-5.0/beagleboard/**interfaces
meta-ti/recipes-core/netbase/**netbase_5.0.bbappend