[yocto] Remove unwanted package from Qt

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 09:12:32 PST 2012

> Hi,
>
> I am compiling Qt-4.8.0 with poky-denzil-7.0 for arm1136 architecture.
>

> At the time of integrating qt-embedded with rootfs, I am getting qtopia
> directory in usr/share path of rootfs.
>
> I tried removing qtopia directory through qt recipe but ended in
> compilation error. Please suggest any idea to remove qtopia from share
> directory.
>

> Thanks and Regards
>
> Navani Kamal Srivastava

I ran into this as well after using a bbappend to disable a number of
Qt features, including the building of demos that get staged in the
aforementioned path.  In my case, that qtopia directory (and any
subdirectories) wound up either being empty or containing files that
were unnecessary for my build.

My quick and dirty solution was to just to add a install_append()
containing a 'rm -rf ${D}${datadir}/qtopia' in my bbappend. (Be sure
you don't have anything important in there!) I'd be curious to hear if
there's a better approach to this as well...

Regards,
Jon