[yocto] yocto-kernel-tools

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 08:15:53 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 6:28 AM, Rick Yang <Rick.Yang at enea.com> wrote:

>  Hi , ****
>
> We have a linux release base on yocto, and we want to use
> yocto-kernel-tools to manage kernel configuration fragments, instead of the
> old method. So we want to know, when poky will use yocto-kernel-tools to
> manage the kernel ? Is there a plan?

I'm not sure I follow the question. Since yocto 1.0 the kern-tools have
been used
to manage the kernel, they've been changing over time, but the foundation
and
theory is the same.

If you want to manage a custom kernel, have a look in meta-skeleton for
linux-yocto-custom.bb and you can apply fragments to any upstream git tree
of your choosing. It would of course be better if we get more contributions
to the
main linux-yocto meta data (yocto-kernel-cache and the linux-yocto meta
branch), but
that's completely voluntary.

Cheers,

Bruce

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> Thanks!****
>
> ** **
>
> Rick****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **

"Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee
at its end"