[yocto] Set hostname on image?

Jonas Jonsson L jonas.l.jonsson at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 21 07:04:46 PST 2012

Hi!

This is probably a very stupid question, but I don't understand how to set the hostname of the system that I'm building (I'm building a 'core-image-minimal'), unless I

A) write a /etc/hostname file to the image, or
B) write a script that updates the hostname during startup

The installed (/etc/hostname) file is created & installed in the base-files recipe, but I don't understand how to set/use the hostname-variable in that recipe so that it becomes what I want it to be (unless I start editing that recipe ....).

Is there a way to modify the hostname from my 'local.conf' file?

Best regards, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Jonas