[yocto] How to update Git clone when rebuilding

Tino Breddin tb at travelping.com
Thu Dec 20 08:03:26 PST 2012

Hi Jerrod,

That looks promising. Will try that once I can build again.

Thanks,
Tino

On 12/20/2012 04:38 PM, Jerrod Peach wrote:
> Tino,
>
> SRCREV = "${AUTOREV}"
>
> You can read a little more about that in these two docs:
>
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/poky-ref-manual/poky-ref-manual.html#ref-variables-glossary
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.3/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#platdev-appdev-srcrev
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jerrod
>

> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM, Tino Breddin <tb at travelping.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've noticed that bitbake won't update a Git checkout of an
>> application referenced through a recipe when running a follow-up build.
>>
>> Is there some way to tell bitbake to check whether the remote Git
>> repository provides updates which should trigger a rebuild of the
>> application?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tino

Tino Breddin
Technical Director

email: tb at travelping.com
mobile: +49-151-27054995

Travelping GmbH               phone:         +49-391-819099229
Roentgenstr. 13               fax:           +49-391-819099299
D-39108 Magdeburg             email:       info at travelping.com
GERMANY                       web:   http://www.travelping.com

Company Registration: Amtsgericht Stendal Reg No.:   HRB 10578
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Holger Winkelmann | VAT ID No.: DE236673780