[yocto] Where does the bitbake get the variable "TOPDIR"

Eren Türkay eren at hambedded.org
Mon Dec 17 07:37:52 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 05:06:26PM +0800, Biao wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am a newbie tying to understand how bitbake works.
> There is one line as BBPATH = "${TOPDIR}" in the mybuild/conf/bblayers.conf, i would like to know where the TOPDIR is defined?

It's defind in "lib/bb/parse/parse_py/ConfHandler.py:36". When TOPDIR is
not defined in any of the bitbake configuration files, it's set to
current working directory automatically.

(...)

def init(data):
    topdir = data.getVar('TOPDIR')
    if not topdir:
        data.setVar('TOPDIR', os.getcwd())

(...)

You may want to read the newly-written documentation about bitbake and
open embedded. I tried to explain how things fit together. I would like
to have your feedback.

http://hambedded.org/blog/2012/11/24/from-bitbake-hello-world-to-an-image/

--
    . 73! DE TA1AET