[yocto] What is GMAE?

Tim Bird tim.bird at am.sony.com
Fri Dec 14 11:43:47 PST 2012

I was reading in the adt manual about using the cross-toochain tarball,
and I came across this sentence:

"If you need GMAE, you should use the bitbake meta-toolchain-gmae command. The resulting installation script when run will support such development. However, if you are not concerned with GMAE, you
can generate the toolchain installer using bitbake meta-toolchain."

After googling a bit, I figured out that GMAE stands for Gnome Mobile and Embedded.

It might be good to put this acronym somewhere in the manual.
(I'm still not sure if I need GMAE or not...)

 -- Tim

Tim Bird
Architecture Group Chair, CE Workgroup of the Linux Foundation
Senior Staff Engineer, Sony Network Entertainment