[yocto] AUTOREVing with legacy recipe fetching from cvs

Andrea Galbusera gizero at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 08:22:46 PST 2012

In a custom layer I maintain, which is based on Yocto denzil, there is
a recipe that fetches sources from a cvs repository. Since there is
still some development of such a software, for testing reasons, I need
to be able to automate the generation of an image with the latest
revision of a given branch of such a repository (say a nightly build).

After reading the manual I understand that the ${AUTOREV} method is
not working with cvs. Is there an alternative approach to instruct the
fetcher to always perform an update/checkout from the repository?

At moment I can force re-fetching and re-building with:

bitbake -c cleansstate myrecipe && bitbake myrecipe

but I'm looking for a cleaner approach, if it does exist. The goal
being to simply run:

bitbake myimage

...and get the latest myrecipe sources fetched from cvs.

TIA,
Andrea