[yocto] per-image ROOTFS sizes

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 12 12:19:42 PST 2012

On 12/12/2012 12:14 PM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> Hi Darren,
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Darren Hart <dvhart at linux.intel.com> wrote:
>> On 12/11/2012 01:05 PM, Trevor Woerner wrote:
>>> Are per-image ROOTFS sizes (i.e. IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE_<image>) still
>>> supported?
>> Interesting, I haven't tried myself. Have you tried and run into an issue?
>

> Yes. I had been trying to figure out why my:
>
>     IMAGE_ROOTFS_SIZE_vmdk = "500000"
>
> line in my config file wasn't working when I found the link I provided
> earlier. Right now all I can say is that it doesn't work for _vmdk
> specifically.

That was:
http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/4671/

What is the reason you would like to do this just for vmdk? Is it to
avoid increasing the size of all the images when it is only vmdk you
care about? That would makes sense. Perhaps, for now, you could limit
the image types you build to just vmdk and increate the size without the
override?

Saul on CC for comment as that was his RFC Patch.

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center