[yocto] Strange error with missing "meta-yocto" in bblayers

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 12 11:39:32 PST 2012

When trying to build a machine I had not built in a while, I got the
following error:

$ bitbake core-image-minimal
Pseudo is not present but is required, building this first before the
main build
NOTE: Your conf/bblayers.conf has been automatically updated. Please
re-run bitbake
.
mkdir: cannot create directory `/../../var/pseudo': Permission denied
/home/dvhart/source/poky/scripts/bitbake: line 178: /pseudo: No such
file or direct
ory

It turns out I had "meta" and "meta-yocto-bsp" in bblayers, but not
"meta-yocto". The error wasn't at all helpful, but I figured it had to
be something in my configuration. Would there be someway to better
articulate to the user what the failure actually was?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center