[yocto] building for ZYNQ ZC702 SoC

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:53:03 PST 2012

Hi Anup,

On Dec 12, 2012, at 7:32 PM, Anup Kini <akini at synapticon.com> wrote:

> I could not find where the arm gcc was included in this build.
> I was checking the build process and took the gcc.4.4.6 while building the core-image-minimal.
>
> Hence i wanted to confirm if the arm-gcc can be integrated and steps to do it.

Two things to keep in mind here:

a. Yocto will generate a cross compiler for you. It will be called arm-poky-linux-gcc , and will be located in the poky/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin folder

This won't appear in your path, unless you explicitly specify it.

You can use this to build u-boot, the linux kernel and the root filesystem for the ZC702.

b. The cross compiler generated from yocto has some issues building the Xilinx SDK sources, for compiling the bsp and fsbl sources. Hence, you can use the default xilinx supplied compiler, which is already setup with Xilinx SDK, to build the bsp and fsbl binaries. You only need the Xilinx supplied gcc toolchain for these tasks, as well as for bare-metal applications using StandAlone OS or XilKernel.

For the rest, yocto gives you an easy way to build a fully working image for the ZC702.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson