[yocto] Building pseudo fails

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Dec 12 06:23:03 PST 2012

On Wednesday 12 December 2012 14:15:50 Burton, Ross wrote:
> On 12 December 2012 14:09, Barros Pena, Belen
>
> <belen.barros.pena at intel.com> wrote:
> > I just downloaded the Danny release to an Ubuntu 12.10 computer, and
> > pseudo failed to build. Before opening a bug, I just wanted to make sure
> > it's not something silly I am doing. The log file is attached and below
> > I've pasted the terminal output.
>
> It appears you need to install the "chrpath" package.  If that fixes
> it then we've clearly got a mismatch between the "assumed to exist"
> list and the "verified to exist" list.

Whoops, missed this earlier when I talked to Belen about this issue off-list.
chrpath is in the list of "verified to exist" utilities
(SANITY_REQUIRED_UTILITIES), however the catch is that when running hob the
sanity checks are deferred until the UI actually starts (which is after pseudo
gets built), so you won't get the error on startup.

Obviously this is not an ideal situation; I suspect we're going to need to re-
engineer how the sanity checks are run within hob so that the critical ones
can run before pseudo gets built and only the ones that may require
configuration (e.g. network connectivity checks) are deferred.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton