[yocto] Boot failure when adding the meta-oe layer

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Dec 11 12:24:00 PST 2012

On 11 December 2012 18:11, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> This is a known issue in meta-oe unfortunately; the udev version there
> apparently does not work outside of use with systemd. I believe the plan is to
> drop udev from meta-oe fairly soon.

Oh, so that's why my recent builds are breaking...

Can I propose to the TSC that meta-oe should "do no evil" so to speak
- i.e. adding it alongside oe-core should have zero effect initially.
Along with this udev breakage (why does meta-oe have it's own udev?) I
notice that it introduces a different drop-in implementation
(resulting in build-time warnings).

Ross