[yocto] jffs2 change erase block size / page size

Maxime Moge Maxime.Moge at sick.de
Tue Dec 11 09:59:49 PST 2012

Hi,

I need to know where can i configure the jffs2 image type in the yocto
directory?

Thanks in advance for the reply.

Von:    "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday at crashcourse.ca>
An:     Yocto discussion list <yocto at yoctoproject.org>
Datum:  12/11/2012 02:08 PM
Betreff:        [yocto] should users be able to run yocto's pre-built
images  standalone?
Gesendet von:   yocto-bounces at yoctoproject.org

  following up on my updated QEMU page here:

http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Running_pre-built_QEMU_images

a basic question -- is it supported that users be able to download and
run yocto's pre-built QEMU images without having to download an entire
build system, and set up bitbake, etc?  theoretically, of course, it
can be done, but it's not set up to do it conveniently (if it even
should be).

  first, one can't get yocto's qemu-related utilities without
downloading either oe-core or a toolchain.  is that really necessary?
how hard would it be to break out the QEMU stuff into a much smaller
tarball if that's all people want?

  and if that's done, certainly, the help messages from runqemu can be
updated, since those utilities clearly assume they're running as part
of a build infrastructure when that's not necessary.

  anyway, you can see the observations i made on my QEMU page.  it
seems that, if you just want people to be able to *easily* fire up
some pre-built images to see the beauty of yocto, you shouldn't make
them download an entire build infrastructure they don't need.

  thoughts?

rday