[yocto] packagegroup-core-boot failure for RTC-less system

Jon Szymaniak jon.szymaniak at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:58:14 PST 2012

Hi all,

I have a MACHINE_FEATURES which *does not* include "rtc", as the platform I
am working on doesn't have an RTC.

The busybox bbappend I'm using (attached below) uses the provided
defconfig, but
disables the HWCLOCK features.

However, my build is failing due to packagegroup-core-boot being unable to
meet the busybox-hwclock dependency. Looking at this line from
packagegroup-core-boot.bb, it seems to me that busybox-hwlock shouldn't be
getting placed in the core-boot's RDEPENDS, given that my MACHINE_FEATURES does
not include "rtc":

    ${@base_contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "rtc", "busybox-hwclock", "", d)} \

Any thoughts or tips on debugging this? Perhaps there's somewhere I can stick a
print of MACHINE_FEATURES to verify that it is what I thought I set?

Thank you,
Jon

busybox_1.20.2.bbappend:
------------------------

PRINC="1"

do_prepare_config_prepend() {

    # Back up the defconfig just for later debugging, diffing, etc.
    mv ${WORKDIR}/defconfig ${WORKDIR}/defconfig.orig

    # We don't have an RTC on our platform, so disable hwclock features.
    sed -e 's/\(CONFIG_HWCLOCK\)=y/ #\1 is not set/g'
${WORKDIR}/defconfig > ${WORKDIR}/defconfig.tmp
    mv ${WORKDIR}/defconfig.tmp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig

    sed -e 's/\(CONFIG_FEATURE_HWCLOCK_.*\)=y/ #\1 is not set/g'
${WORKDIR}/defconfig > ${WORKDIR}/defconfig.tmp
    mv ${WORKDIR}/defconfig.tmp ${WORKDIR}/defconfig
}

Build Error: