[yocto] Notes: Yocto Project 1.4 M1 release readiness meeting - Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:30 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Thu Dec 6 11:55:12 PST 2012

Attendees:
Dave, AlexG, LaurentiuS, AlexP, Jessica, TomZ, Richard, Saul, Ross, Nitin, Song

Notes:

Release criteria review: (please see https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status#Milestone_1 for details)
  - M1 does not have high features scheduled, but we have quite some new features integrated (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.4_Status#Feature.2FTask_Board ). One important improvement we have is for performance of some specific use cases. When we building from scratch, we use the sstate cache. The improvement we integrated in M1 makes the sstate cache use more efficient and we are able to cut the build time in this case in half.
  - Full pass testing report for RC1 is out in the public mailing list. RC1 has some issues, we have assigned those issues to right owners and they are working on it. The X issue for Beagle Board (3522) will be fixed in M2. There is no show stopper or high issues. And there does not seem to be much value if we can RC2 at this time.
  - Package update: update/upstreaming is ongoing, package report system is mostly fixed. In M2 we should have a target set and check against the target by the end of M2.

Decision: Release RC1 as the M1 release.