[yocto] problems adding extra packages

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 12:25:52 PST 2012

In the past on denzil, I'd get images working then start adding specific
packages like this:

LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST = "commercial"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL ?= "gst-fluendo-mp3"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL ?= "web-webkit"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL ?= "myvideos"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL ?= "myaudios"

Today, I got chiefriver bsp working on my hardware and then wanted to
add my video and audio files into the image along with extra software.
It didn't get added and the image is basically the same size. No errors
on just bitbaking again.  I was trying to avoid deleting tmp and
starting over again.  Has something changed with Danny?

Along with the CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL additions, I added my layer in
bblayer.conf to pick up myvideos, etc.

Jim A