[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Dec 4 11:36:58 PST 2012

Attendees:
Amit, Ross, Eren, Beth, ChrisL, ScottR, JeffP, TomZ, Nitin, PaulE, ScottG, BruceA, CristianI, JessicaZ, Saul, RichardP, SeanH, MarkH, Ioana, Corneliu, MichaelH, AlexD, BjörnS, Ramana, Song.

Minutes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.4 status - 20 min (Song/team)
  - 1.4 test plan: would like to ask everyone to review and comment: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Overall_Test_Plan
  - M2 planning:
    . 2 highs scheduled: zypper, running post install at rootfs gen time.
    . 167 perfect days work scheduled.
  - Bug fixing: 25 bug fixed, 298 open, a little high. We need to pay more attention to bug fixing. Two bugs I would like to ask the team for help:
    . Connman issue: 3227. Issue is not in connman 1.9. Will upgrade to 1.9.
    . Beagle Board X issue: 3522
  - Master: Build Appliance failed (Beth is changing autobuilder to automate this, Beth has a fix), nightly-x86 (connman issue,3227), Freescale BSP issue, Matthew knows it.  meta-intel BSP failed.
  - QA: RC1 final report ETA,  later Today.

* SWAT team rotation: LaurentiuP -> Ioana Grigoropol
* Opens - 10 min
  - Eren: Hello World documentation. Finished the oe part.
http://hambedded.org/blog/2012/11/24/from-bitbake-hello-world-to-an-image/
      . Would like to feedback. After that integrate with Wiki or others.
      . ScottR: sent email to Eren. Fold part of this into quick start. Bitbake information will be good to be in the newly revised bitbake manual.  Will get this in Bill's hands. Suggest Eren to post specific technical questions on the mailing list. Hopefully Eren can get answers there. Afterwards, will work together to integrate this doc.
      . Eren: good plan. Will get answers to technical questions first, then work with Scott to integrate the doc.
  - ScottR: adding doc alert to comments in Bugzilla when filing a bug that effects documentation
      . If you are filing a bug or working on a bug you think might affect doc, it will be help if you add a comment (something like 'this will affect documentation')to alert ScottR and add ScottR in the CC list of the bug. We are trying to be more proactive on doc changes for this release.

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - AlexD: working on integrating Wayland, started building, making progress... Sent email to people working on Wayland. Paul can help if there is no response, these people are sitting right behind Paul.
  - Cristian: handling transition of HOB to be able to run on windows. One of 1.4 features. Setting up new dev environment. Investigation making the jump and figure out what would be possible problems.  Bug #: 1972.
  - Andrei: working on package reporting system, finished the work. Submitted some patches, waiting for Saul's review.
  - Ioana: working on eclipse plugin on windows. Submitted patches for issues, should be running fine now. Next step is using hob on windows.
  - Mark: SMART work. At a point that we are ready to submit the code to the community. Some bug fixes, will be the first batch. Integration will be second batch of patches.
  - Bjorn: working on package testing. Would like some response to some issues already sent to the mailing list. RP suggested to do it in a different way, that needs to be discussed. (RP will respond). What we do with packages that don't have tests. Would like people to spend some time to think about it. RP: this is important, we can get these integrated, and then expand..
  - Ramana: posted about configuration tool. Would like to get more comments. Bruce commented, Mark and RP will reply. RP: this is important, encourage people to look at it. The more people the better.
    . https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2012-November/012867.html
    . https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2012-November/012973.html
  - MichaelH: bugzilal management, auto generation, patch review process, etc. patch work basically setup. Schedule a demo with some key people for one of the patch review tools ?. Continue some of these work this week and other things.