[yocto] recrdeptask not working correctly?

Jerrod Peach peachj at lexmark.com
Mon Dec 3 07:57:02 PST 2012

All,

I noticed the changes to recrdeptask from Yocto 1.2 to Yocto 1.3.  I saw a
number of "all" tasks in the classes change like this:

-do_checkuriall[recrdeptask] = "do_checkuri"
+do_checkuriall[recrdeptask] = "do_checkuriall do_checkuri"

I have my own task that needs to work on all packages, and I assumed making
the same change to my task would cause this to occur.  (Prior to this, I
had noticed the task seemed to only be running on about 12 packages, where
it used to run on about 60.)  So, I made the change, and indeed started
running on more packages.  It only ran on about 45 packages though, which I
found curious.  So, I dug a little deeper and had bitbake spit out
pn-buildlist for me (with the -g option).  That list showed around 75
packages.  That meant I was still not running on a pretty large number of
packages.  Then I ran checkurilall.  I noticed it, too, was running on the
same list of packages as my task, i.e. NOT all of them.

Has recrdeptask changed in some way that now prevents a task from running
on all packages in a dependency graph recursively?  Was this intentional?
 Is there some other (more preferable?) way for me to cause a task to run
on all packages in a dependency graph?

Kind regards,

Jerrod