[yocto] Failing to load native libs

Ilya Dmitrichenko errordeveloper at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 04:37:29 PST 2012

I'm having a slightly odd issue, looks like LD_*_PATH is not being set or
something like that. I've worked around it by adding
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/poky.conf, but i still needed to do `sudo ldconfig` every
now and again when it fails to run say bzip2 with error that it cannot load
damn libbz2.so. It's an ugly hack of course, but I'm not so sure how to fix
this otherwise. I wonder if this could possibly be to do with the distro i
happend to be using as a host - it's ubuntu 10.04. That's kindda old, but I
doubt that it's to do with that.

Ilya