[yocto] 1.3 M3 Full Pass test results

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Mon Aug 27 10:49:34 PDT 2012

Hi Laurentiu,

Do you have any comment on the performance question Richard asked? I know your team is using a machine with different configuration from the one used by the Shanghai team. The performance figure from the Shanghai team has been hovering around 110 mins. That's the case for 1.2 release and 1.3 M2 milestone report. 1.3 M1 milestone report has the build time as 95 minutes, which I believe is from your team. So my question is whether you used the same machine for M3 performance testing as for M1. Another factor that might have caused the difference (between 95 and 83 minutes) is your testing procedure/environment such as other processes running at the same time, memory usage, sstate cache, etc. If you used the same machine and same testing procedure/environment, then we have some improvement in M3 compared with M1. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Song