[yocto] 1.3 M3 Full Pass test results

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at intel.com
Fri Aug 24 03:21:51 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-23 at 20:13 +0100, Serban, Laurentiu wrote:

> Here are the results for the full pas tests on 1.3 M3 RC2. The commit
> used for testing is 8b8748c8f963900b83dc0fdd7757556f917fe4fd.
>
> Some details about the encountered issues below:
>
> BSP – Sudoku-savant project build issue (2878)
>
> ADT – the relocatable sdk issue (2980) causes 13 test cases to be on
> faile/blocked state

I thought it worked as long as you didn't have to relocate it so no
tests should have been blocked, we just have the relocation issue?

>  , also the Clutter C template issue is unsolved (2577)
>
> Core Build System – x32 is still an issue (2888), cleaning sstate
> issue is still not solved (2897), incremental RPM image generation
> (2969), source archiving (2619), the kvm issue was reproduced by
> another colleague (2790) Yocto BSP creation via JSON (2693) or for
> qemu (2991) fails, multilib issue (2918 – this requires a little more
> investigation from QA),
>
> HOB - all seems ok for RC2
>
> Self-hosted-image  - cannot start on Virtual Box (X issue), it is very
> slow on qemu and it has a m4 package build (3005) issue on VMWare. If
> the self-hosted-image is used on machine with internet connectivity
> via proxy there will be an initial sanity check failure, but this is
> not a blocking issue.
>
> A mention for the performance testing: on a Ubbuntu 12.04  i7 machine
> using 8 threads the build time was 83 minutes (with prior fetching).

How does this compare with our other performance numbers. From what I
remember, we used to hover around the 105-115 minute mark. Did we have
some significant speed gains or is this just an artefact of changing the
test machine?

Cheers,

Richard