[yocto] of recipes and packages

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Aug 23 00:14:45 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 22 August 2012 13:05:15 Trevor Woerner wrote:
> to discover the list of available recipes (for a given set of layers)
> one can use:
> $ bitbake -s
>
> However:
>
> $ bitbake --help | grep -- -s
>   -s, --show-versions   show current and preferred versions of all packages
>
> "...versions of all _packages_"!? Shouldn't that be "recipes"?

It should, yes. FYI a long time ago we just used the word "package" to
describe both the recipe and the output package - eventually it was realised
that this was confusing and it was changed; however there are still odd
vestiges of it in a few places, one of which you just pointed out. In this
instance we can change it very easily in the BitBake help text and we should
do so.

Cheers,
Paul

--