[yocto] Documenting the mailing lists.

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Aug 20 14:19:00 PDT 2012

On 08/20/2012 01:55 PM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> I can replace the information on
> http://www.yoctoproject.org/community/mailing-lists with a generic
> bit about mailing lists and then provide a link to the
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/ page.

That would work for me.

>  Regarding the text on the
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org link.  Who maintains that page?

The Description field is pulled from the administrative settings for
each of the lists managed by mailman. So once we agree on the
descriptions, the various list admins will update the descriptions and
the page will reflect that (I believe Jefro and I can cover most.. if
not all of them, but all the admins are CC'd here).

However, please do not make any changes until we come to a consensus on
how to handle this. I believe we have some discussion that needs to
happen first.

To prevent this turning into a multi-week nit-pic-fest, I suggest we set
Friday Augh 24th @ Noon PST as the deadline and the point at which the
agreed on changes can be made and all changes should be made final by
EOD PST on Monday Aug 27th.

--
Darren

--