[yocto] Add new package

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sat Aug 18 15:28:00 PDT 2012

On Sat, 18 Aug 2012, Raul Rosetto Munoz wrote:

> Hello All..
> I need to use a minicom and curl in the beaglebone.
>
> I have a core-image-minimal that work fine in the board.
>
> Can some one help me and tell how to add this packages?

  from what i understand, if you want a quick addition to an existing
image, one solution is to add the following line to your local.conf
file:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " minicom"

or for multiple packages:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " mimicom curl"

then just run "bitbake" again to produce a new image.

  is it safe to say that that is at least one of the accepted
techniques for this?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca