[yocto] linux-yocto and private topic branches

Marc Ferland ferlandm at sonatest.com
Fri Aug 17 13:21:28 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm maintaining a BSP based on crownbay and I would like to change my
current kernel recipe from a custom one to linux-yocto_3.2.bb.

Reading the kernel-yocto.bbclass, I see that it is possible to provide a
list of patches and configuration fragments but also (not sure about
that) to provide an "external branch".

Since we maintain several private topic branches in-house this would be
the perfect solution. I could "inherit" from crownbay (available on
linux-yocto) and just merge my topic branches to produce the final
kernel source tree.

My question:
Is this currently possible? If so, are there any examples available?
Can these changes be kept in "recipe-space"?

If not possible, am I stuck with managing patches?

Regards,

Marc