[yocto] Unable to get serial console login prompt - PowerPC 440 Virtex 5 processor

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:21:24 PDT 2012

Hi Khem,

On Aug 17, 2012, at 9:48 AM, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:26 AM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> There are differences in eglibc.inc and initrd recipes. Try to see if they
>> make difference
>> Also the libgcc one after the above two
>
> Did you try the above ?

I took a slight detour, the past 2 days, trying to use icecc, to reduce my build time across two quad-core i7 Ubuntu machines, but that didn't work for some reason. No workloads got distributed across to the second machine.

I'll get back to continuing these tests this weekend.

> I have pushed a patch into my contrib tree.
>
> http://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core-contrib/commit/?h=kraj/misc&id=502a61792cdb219c1ee35bb9474b8f0c4b007385
>
> can you try that out and see if it helps with gcc 4.7

Will do that for sure! :-)

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson