[yocto] Unable to get serial console login prompt - PowerPC 440 Virtex 5 processor

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 01:26:08 PDT 2012

Hi Khem,

On Aug 14, 2012, at 10:32 AM, Elvis Dowson wrote:

> Some things that I can try are:
>
> a. build gcc-4.6.3, eglibc-2.13, binutils-2.22 (from poky/denzil branch, to establish a known good build data point)

So gcc-4.6.3, eglibc-2.13, from poky/denzil branch also failed, the same as the poky/master branch with gcc-4.6.3, eglibc-2.13. So I guess the I'll need to do a diff between the Denx ELDK 5.2.1 release, which is based on poky/denzil, and that of the current poky/denzil branch to see which recipes are different, and to try and isolate the cause of the kernel panics, when trying to run init=/bash/sh.

Hopefully, that comparison will yield some clues.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson