[yocto] Over-riding insane LDFLAGS check

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 10:10:02 PDT 2012

On Aug 12, 2012, at 8:20 PM, Chris Larson wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Elvis Dowson <elvis.dowson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Remove it from ERROR_QA and (optionally) add it to WARN_QA instead. If
>>> you're using an external toolchain, see what I did at
>>> https://github.com/MentorEmbedded/meta-sourcery/blob/master/conf/distro/include/tcmode-external-sourcery.inc#L91-98
>>> for this one.
>>
>> How would I go about hooking, in a single location, so that if I run gcc-4.5, it over-rides it completely, but if I specify gcc-4.6 or 4.7 it doesn't get over-ridden?
>
> Use INSANE_SKIP. Grep the metadata for examples. Specifically,
> INSANE_SKIP_<packagename> = "ldflags".

While I was developing the gcc-4.5 recipe against the current poky master, I first started adding INSANE_SKIP_<packagename> = "ldflags". For a couple of recipes, adding that didn't work because of the way the name was setup !! I think it was gnutls. So, I ended up having to temporarily disable the entire LDFLAGS check, for the gcc-4.5 build.

I was wondering if there was a solution to allow me to switch at run-time, so that I don't end-up skipping the checks for gcc-4.6 or 4.7, but only if I choose to run gcc-4.5.

Elvis Dowson